We Thank You For Visiting Our Blog. Please Book Marked This Page For Future Reference Or Be One Of Our Blog Followers.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

KStorm Kayee Lai "What's Been Holding You Back?"





I rested 2 days from training, Friday & Saturday and this morning I walked into the gym feeling so fresh. I changed my routines entirely, applying the "time squeezing method" and giving a new burst to deep fibres of muscles. As usual in all my gym routines I don't neglect cardio vascular exercise. Somehow today while doing my HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio routine, I was thinking about my friends and others.. "What have been holding them back?". They see me changed but that does not inspire them at all to hit the gym or exercise. So what's in their mind? What we gonna lose if we spend some time exercising? Health isn't wealth?


I've also realised different things motivate different people to make changes. Like my case, it was because of my blood pressure and visceral fat. Personally I also believe in majority of cases, most people wait until the pain reaches crisis or even to the point of "rock bottom" or "you're going to die" (ops, too strong words to use), before they make a change. I remember I was asked why I quit smoking 2.5 years ago, I used to say "I do not want to be warned by someone UP there or DOWN there" :-) Whatever it is, normally when there was some type of "triggering event" then only will prompt them to begin a program of physical transformation. OK OK... yes some commented mine was way too drastic... but actually I don't think so at all. I love my new physique :-), and more importantly the fitness level.


Fortunately, you don't have to hit bottom to get motivated enough to make a change. If you take a serious inventory of what's going on inside your head, - thoughts, beliefs, values and old programming - weigh those I mentioned, you can identify your true motivations to change, now, right now, today, long before it gets serious or too late. Time waits for no men. Time flies... but I guarantee you that you can also find what's been holding you back. Act now!


So what's been holding you back? Think about it seriously......


Quote of the day: A goal casually set and lightly taken, will be freely abandoned at the first obstacle (by Zig Ziglar)


To Leaner & Fitter You,


Kayee Lai


2 comments:

  1. Would you believe that someone's willing to offer free coaching but no one turns UP? :)Actually it was a beer talk, no one would seriously look into their own fitness level if they still can drink and laugh, biz as usual :) Like I mentioned above, it will happen only when there is a "triggering event". Well, in fact I did not take their words too seriously either. If they turned up, felt happy for them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayee,

    My name is Juhi, I am 23 years old. My height is 164 cms and I weigh 65 kgs. I want to reduce my weight till about 55-56 kg. I also want to tone up up my body as my skin is very soft n fluffy. I want to lose more from my upper body.

    Thanks for sharing your tips and kick our butts to move on. I will start up by checking my daily calories requirement.

    :) Juhi

    ReplyDelete