We Thank You For Visiting Our Blog. Please Book Marked This Page For Future Reference Or Be One Of Our Blog Followers.

Friday, May 7, 2010

My Cheat Day

Woh ........ Today I am really feeling exhausted, not because of my training session yesterday but I did not have a good night sleep. And I really hate it if I can’t get at least a good 5 hours solid sleep... I need to preserve my muscles if it is not grow :( Oh gosh, probably due to my core training, can feel the adrenalin rush and feeling hyperactive, how I wish our brain is an “ON OFF” button. OR probably I was looking forward to today!!! It’s my CHEAT DAY!!! Yeahhhhhhh ....

Today I want to talk about Cheat Day (CD). Cheat Day is just another fat loss jargon, it’s another day in paradise, a special day to give your body a TREAT :) after a few low caloric deficit days. Eat what you want.. Stay cool... you will love your Cheat Day too. Maybe lots of you have not heard of this fat loss jargon, it’s not NEW actually. I did not know before Oct 2009. Let’s get a bit serious, Cheat Day is an important day, an UNO day, to avoid the negative adaptation of your long term calorie restriction (this is what you called DIETING). Have you ever thought why “DIETING” would not work efficiently for a long term? Let me cite an instance, a SMART ALEC would go on diet, week after week, wow amazing, the weight continues to come off like magic ala David Blain, simply by eat less or some might solely rely on protein diet (ops hate to use the word “diet”) and exercise, that’s all.

Yeah right!!! If only it were that simple. In fact, if it were, we would probably all be having sporting abs and bodies resembling those of fitness models (as you can see those fitness models ads in men briefs’ boxes :))

If you go on a low calorie diet for weeks, regardless whether it’s a protein diet, carbs diet (those vege eater), any other low calorie diet, or even thinking to go for meal replacement e.g. Herbalife, your BODY will screw you up by doing everything it can to keep you from losing fat further. Why so? It’s simply because our body is a great invention indeed. Thanks and no thanks, right?

OK, back to some engineering, FAT = warmth + energy. These 2 important things are for your survival when food intake is restricted or just so happened to be scarce. Though body is a great invention but our body can’t differentiate dieting from starving. So it will turn “ON” the body starvation mode/response to counteract the changes.

What will happen next? When starvation mode is triggered, it will slow down the metabolism rate, decreases fat burning hormones, increases fat storing hormones and protect your current fat storage. So now you tell me how to burn them further? Once it's triggered, what will happen if you can't go on the same diet you used to do and back to normal eating habit occasionally? BANG!!! Your body love it... Your body will win the battle and it happens always, easily 80% chances your body will win hehehe... Then you will be back to a square one with even higher body fat %. So just remember to play the CHEATING GAME with your body OK so that your body don't fall into starvation response.
A basic understanding is important at THIS STAGE for beginners rather than knowing all other scientific terms like Leptin or Insulin hormones.
Looks like I got to pen off otherwise it would be too bored to read my blog... Want to know my eating plan today?

1st meal: Well I had spaghetti, chicken, celery and carrot in tomato sauce as topping, a serving of HL fresh milk and a cup of NitroT,.. emm just nice for 550 calories breakfast.

Tea time (10:30am): A cup of Nesvita and Mass Factor.

Lunch (1:00pm): Will have a good lunch with plenty of carbs.

Tea time (3:30pm): Fruits, goreng pisang (fried banana).. love it! Cucuk kodok hahahaha and cup of coffee. And probably will go for 2 glasses of Red Wine... where else? In Sid’s LOL..

Dinner (6-7:00pm): Pizza Hut with COKE.

Supper (9:00pm): Half piece of Roti Canai, a packet of nasi lemak.. luv Tosai too and a cup of Teh Tarik.

To Fitter and Leaner YOU,

Kayee Lai

7 comments:

  1. Bro, seem like u really enjoying ur CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course... CD is like a reward. You will find everything is very tasty. On CD, I really whack as much as I can... if one wants to start the F1 engine in them, they have to cheat their body. Looks like it's time to go buy some things to makan.. Cheers

    Kayee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, Kayee. I often find myself really hungry in the later evening, so it’s nice to know I don’t have to sit there and deprive myself as my stomach growls! On cheat days, practically we can eat anything we want. I don't understand your type of food above :-)

    Thanks again,

    Juhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your useful blogs! their awesome!
    I got a question though, If we spiked our leptin levels on our cheat day is it not a waste to fast the day after? I started exploring it, it sure feels good, but it dosent make sense to spike your levels only to fast the next day then they go down again, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does 'cheat day' really so important? Just curious. Can I add 500 calories to my TDEE on cheat days? That'll be lots of food to eat.

    Best, Roger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juhi, those food I mentioned are typical local M'sian fav food emm..ask any M'sian, normally they will say "NICE".

    In fact once you spiked you Leptin, the next day you could go extremely low couple with circuit exercise there should be good for fat burning.

    Yes, CD is very very important day. You can easily top 500 to 1000 cal if you want. But I am talking about thermogenic food and not solely from fats :)

    ReplyDelete